web counter
ReadAllAboutIT - Read All About Information Technology - Draytek Vigor 2830 Max WAN2 Throughput
ReadAllAboutIT - Read All About Information Technology
ReadAllAboutIT - Read All About Information Technology
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | IT Support Berkshire | IT Contractor Jobs
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Hardware and Devices
 Draytek Routers and PBXs
 Draytek Vigor 2830 Max WAN2 Throughput
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

geek

United Kingdom
312 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2016 :  12:32:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit geek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello I am finding contradictory evidence as to what the throughput of the 2830 router is - some say 50 MBs and some say 25

Does anyone have an accurate figure?

Personal Trainer Marketing App
Advice on selling your domain names
Refurbished computers

sircles.net Support
Administrator

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2017 :  12:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit sircles.net Support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by geek[/i]
[br]Hello I am finding contradictory evidence as to what the throughput of the 2830 router is - some say 50 MBs and some say 25

Does anyone have an accurate figure?

In our experience, even with a Dedicated Fibre 50MB on WAN2 you are not going to get 50 MBps

The maximum, without too much firewall ruling and no content filtering is about 40 MBps alongside the ADSL/VDSL, if you disconnect the ADSL you can get about 25MBps

If you have content filtering and complicated firewall stuff and SSL VPN/IPSec VPNs then more like 16MBps

If you are using the internal VDSL modem and an external VDSL modem on WAN2 then you can often get 45-50MBps

IT SUpport Henley
Domains, Routers and Computing Online Store
IT Support for Berkshire
All information is freely posted by the Henley Business Computer Support staff and sircles.net cannot be held responsible for any use of such information.
All rights reserved, sircles.net limited.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ReadAllAboutIT - Read All About Information Technology © sircles.net Limited Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05