web counter
ReadAllAboutIT - Read All About Information Technology - GoAc Virus on Windows 10 Laptop
ReadAllAboutIT - Read All About Information Technology
ReadAllAboutIT - Read All About Information Technology
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | IT Support Berkshire | IT Contractor Jobs
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Viruses and Malware
 Viruses, Spyware or Adware?
 GoAc Virus on Windows 10 Laptop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

lemonde

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2017 :  09:59:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit lemonde's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an HP Spectre laptop that has been hijacked by the GoAc virus and I cannot get rid of it no matter what I do.

I have administrative permissions and so the rootkit is within the Windows system somewhere.

The system is taken over when I move from HTTP to HTTPS quite often when it suddenly takes me to a site that speaks to me about having my credit card details sent to hackers etc. and tells me to phone a number.

I have removed the browsers and reinstalled

I have even taken the system back to HPs factory reset using the inbuilt factory restore partition but the virus remains.

Do I need to just blitz the whole laptop using a windows disk? I don't understand how it survived the factory reset as it deleted and reformatted the system partition in the process....?

Network Support in Berkshire
How to be Top On Google!
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ReadAllAboutIT - Read All About Information Technology © sircles.net Limited Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05