Choosing a Cloud Provider
- Some Questions to Ask
Which Cloud Provider?
- Who are the suppliers target audience?
- What is the relationship based on? Credit? Trust?
- Risk management and ongoing strategy
- Performance and scaling Virtualisation advantages?
- Workload portability between suppliers or sites
- Workload distribution multi-honed?
- Business continuity a part of due diligence
- SLAs and relevant penalties recoverable?
- Billing, bundles, per service, per MB?
- Qualify your own risk profile security vs flexibility
- Agree need for complete supplier transparency!
- Determine audit route
- Who has access?
- Where is the data stored?
- Compliance to what and whom?
- Is my data segregated from everyone elses?
- Audit/forensics what went wrong?
- Post agreement data recovery
- Look for breaches reported historically with their services on external sources
- Supplier security logs to be ISO 9000 compliant they must have them
- ISO 27001/2 certified or conformant?
- Automation to support standards & processes? Automatic is best!
- Service level agreements and sufficient penalties if they are not adhered to?
In the modern business, the choice to host your own email or
move in to the cloud is pretty much a 'no-brainer.'
Email Hosting UK servers allow for all of the services that
your in-house Exchange Server provides.
Call on +44
844 880 1618 to discuss your migration.
Our consultancy service is
designed for SMEs who would like some help to get moving
toward a streamlined & reliable computer system.
We analyse your network and workflow and tell you what we
think you should be doing with NO obligation. We want to set
an example for quality of service and we want to help YOU to
prove it. IT Solutions